- 4-6 red peppers, cleaned and cored
- 1 package of Seed of Change Uyuni Quinoa & Whole Grain Brown Rice (microwaveable in 90 sec)
or 2 cups Ancient Harvest Organic Quinoa, 12oz. box (10-15 cook time)
- 1 can Organic black beans (rinse in cold water)
- 16-24 Organic grape tomatoes (4 for each pepper)
- 1 head broccoli or broccolini, washed and chopped
- 1/4 chopped red onion
- 2 handfuls of spinach (washed and drained)
- handful of chopped garlic (you can buy already chopped in jar)
- dash of turmeric, black pepper, red pepper flakes and cilantro
- Preheat oven 350˚
- Prepare the quinoa according to package (I prefer the stove top version because you can make more ahead of time and save it.)
- While quinoa is cooking. Cut, clean and core all peppers
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook the onion, spices and garlic, in a dash of olive or coconut oil, until onions are soft. Then add the chopped tomatoes, broccoli and black beans. Toss around for 2-3 minutes. Then add the spinach. Cook the spinach until it’s only slightly wilted.
- In a large bowl mix the cooked quinoa and the ingredients from the saucepan together.
- Place the peppers upright in a oven safe glass dish or bowl. Fill each pepper to the top with quinoa and veggie mixture. (If there is extra, put aside and put on top of a tossed salad for lunch the next day.)
- Place the stuffed peppers in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.