- 1 cup granulated white sugar, divided
- 1 package (3-ounce) lime flavor Jell-O/gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup cold water, divided
- 1 package (3-ounce) strawberry flavor Jell-O/gelatin
- 3 Tablespoons miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces (½ package) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups thawed non-dairy whipped topping
- 16 paper cups (3-ounce each size)
- 16 wooden popsicle sticks
- Mix 1/3 cup granulated white sugar and lime gelatin mix in medium bowl. Add 1 cup boiling water; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to ½ cup cold water to measure ¾ cup. Add to lime gelatin; stir until ice is completely melted. Refrigerate 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, repeat step 1 using strawberry gelatin mix and omitting the refrigeration step. Pour into each of sixteen 3-ounce paper cups. Freeze 20 minutes. Stir ½ teaspoon miniature chocolate chips into gelatin in each cup.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar with mixer in medium bowl until well blended. Stir in nondairy whipped topping and spread over gelatin in cups.
- Pour lime gelatin over cream cheese mixture. Insert wooden pop stick into gelatin in center of each cup. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Remove pops from cups just before serving.
- Yield: 16 watermelon pops